Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New arrivals!

I got home from work last night and went to check on Milo and Bella. I heard light squeaking coming from their tank. A quick check revealed 6 little pink pups! I noticed Bella was running from Milo and refusing him, so I scooped her, the new pups, and the only daughter from the previous litter and placed them in a new 29 gallon tank that will be Bella and her daughters' permanent home with my mom. I was a little disappointed that I had misjudged the date of her newest litters arrival, so I wasn't able to set up her new tank like I had planned. As soon as this new litter is up and moving around, I am going to set it up the way I had planned. Bella is a burrower. She loves creating tunnels and burrows all day long, so I chose a 29 gallon tank to be able to give her lots of substrate to dig and tunnel in. I am going to add a couple more wooden huts and some wooden ladders throughout the tank to help give her tunnels some stability. Since she only had one girl in their previous litter, who is a spotted Lilac just like Bella, I will be selecting another girl (hopefully a solid one so there is no identity confusion) to stay with Bella and the older daughter. My mom has chosen the name "Millie" for the daughter. The 2 boys, I have decided, will remain with Milo, so there will be none up for adoption from Milo and Bella until the new litter is weaned and are around 7 weeks old.  I am still working on names for the 2 little boys. One is a Pied Lilac and the other is a Solid Lilac, like Milo. I believe I am going to call the little Pied Lilac "Max". Still working on another "M" name for the other little boy. Any suggestions are welcome! (Below is a quick pic of Bella and Millie's new home)



Now for a quick update on Rosa and Jinx:

I separated Rosa and Jinx this weekend. They had 2 boys and 2 girls. The 2 girls are with Rosa to help her raise her next litter, which I am expecting any day now. Rosa looks like she has swallowed a tennis ball lol. The 2 boys are with Jinx. I may keep them this way permanently, which would leave none from this current litter available for adoption, unless I get a special request. All of their next litter will be available for adoption. I will update as soon as she delivers! I am also working on names for the pups I have with Rosa and Jinx. I tend to like names that go together, so it takes me a couple days to come up with them. I hope to get pictures and names up of my new permanent additions soon! (Below is a pic of a very pregnant Rosa and one of her daughters)

No comments:

Post a Comment